Monday, September 14, 2009

How To Market, But Not Overwhelm

I am writing this blog because I would love you input on the following issue.

As some of you know, I am in the process of rebranding my coaching business, re-doing my web site and getting my book, Gentle Warrior, Awakening the Courage to Live a Bold and Brilliant Life, published. It has been a busy summer of working, learning and tapping into my own courage when everything gets a little too overwhelming.

One of the things I did to help me with rebranding my business was to join a Master Mind coaching group led by a very well respected and successful business coach. This is a six month class which covers everything from building your client list, to effective social media marketing, to how to run a teleclass, to creating products such as videos and e-books. The information and support I am receiving from this class is incredible. I have learned so much already and we have only been meeting for 3 months!

However, as I get more and more into marketing my coaching business, something becomes more and more apparent to me. In this fast-paced world of multi-media marketing, it is very easy to lose one's focus, to blend in with the thousands of other people out there also trying to market their services.

Everyone has something to sell that will make your life easier, make you more money, make your business grow or make you an instant success in your chosen field. And with access to social media entities such as Facebook and Twitter, anyone can market anything. As a result, we are inundated with too much information. I know I am tired of getting announcements of free classes I must take, videos that I must see and articles that I must read.

So as a marketer of a business, my dilemma becomes: “How do I market my services in a manner that captures the interest of my target audience, while respecting their time and allowing me to feel good about the information and invitations I am putting out"?

I would like to know how you feel about all this and I would sincerely love your feedback on the following questions.

1. Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of marketing e-mails, Facebook entries or Tweets that you receive? What is “too much” to you?

2. What kinds of announcements, newsletters, informational e-mails do you enjoy the most?

3. What do you feel to be the most effective kind of marketing?

4. If you had one suggestion for people marketing their services, what would it be?

5. Any other thoughts?

Thank you for your help with this.

I learn by going where I have to go. - Theodore Roethke

No comments: